At Wellington City Rudolf Steiner Kindergarten, our philosophy statement is:
Children are a taonga:
- To be nurtured and supported with aroha, kindness, and respect – manaakitanga;
- Gently emerging in their own unhurried time – ā tōna wā – through experiences that foster wonder, goodness, beauty, and truth.
- Enfolded in a sense of belonging and community – whanaungatanga.
Learning happens through:
- Self directed play, rhythm, and imitation;
- Recognising children’s developmental stages;
- Nourishing the child’s imagination and senses;
- Access to a natural, sustainable and inclusive environment – kotahitanga.